Facts about HB 7189April 6, 2010 at 12:59 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
1. HB 7189 raises the pay of our quality teachers and it DOES NOT reduce pay for any teacher in the state.
2. NO current Teacher will lose their tenure status.
3. Teachers who work with learning disabled or lower performing students will benefit from the bill.
4. Teachers will not be punished for students who enter their classroom performing below grade level.
5. The bill takes into consideration exceptional circumstances.
6. Test scores are NOT the only measure of teacher success.
7. The bill does not affect teacher pension or retirement benefits.
8. These reforms are not an unfunded mandate.
9. By rewarding teachers who provides a quality education for our students, teacher collaboration is not in jeopardy.